Indulge in a delicious treat that's as good for your gut as it is for your taste buds. Check out our recipe for Gut-Friendly Peanut Butter Collagen Banana Bread, infused with the benefits of our Gut Restore Probiotic Collagen. This tasty recipe not only satisfies those sweet cravings but aids in your digestive health as it's packed with probiotics, collagen, digestive enzymes, amino acids and more.
Serves 8-10 | Over 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon flax meal + 3 tablespoon water
- 1.5 cups ripe bananas, mashed (approx. 2.5 bananas)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 25-30g Frank Simple Gut Restore Prebiotic Collagen
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 cups wholemeal spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 60g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 45g dark chocolate chips
- Peanut butter, to serve
- Preheat oven to 190°C and line a 27 x 15 cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, mix flax meal and water. Set aside to thicken.
- Mash the bananas with a fork until smooth and transfer to a large bowl along with the coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, milk and the thickened flax meal. Whisk until combined.
- Add the almond meal, collagen, flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and half the walnuts. Gently mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared tin, top with remaining walnuts and chocolate. Bake for 55 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. (Feel free to place a layer of aluminium foil on top of the loaf for the final 20 minutes of the bake if the top begins to brown).
- Once baked, remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve with a spread of peanut butter butter and enjoy. Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
We can’t wait to see your delicious creations! Tag us on instagram @franksimple_ to show us how you recreate this recipe.